Louis Raffin, a mason from northern Italy, immigrated in 1912 to practice his trade in the burgeoning city of Chicago. Four years later, he was a founding partner of the Kensington Concrete Construction Company named after the Kensington neighborhood on the city's south side. In 1922, Louis bought out his associates and the firm took on the family name, Raffin Construction Company. Over time Louis' sons entered the business. Through the rough times of the Depression and the war years, the company survived by adhering to the basic principals of efficiency, honesty and quality.


By the early 1960's Raffin Construction Company was well known as an established general contractor. With Louis' grandsons leading the the enterprise, the company focused on the commercial and industrial markets. During this time, relationships were developed with owners and subcontractors which continue to this day.


A fifth generation of the Raffin family is now part of the company. Civil engineering degrees combined with four generations of experience allow Raffin to offer clients the technical expertise to meet their needs. The family philosophy of dealing honestly with people and providing a quality product - begun 100 years ago by Louis Raffin - continues to this day.

  • 1916

    The Kensington Concrete Construction Company


    Became Raffin Construction Company in 1931

  • 1920's

    Rockefeller Chapel

    University of Chicago | 1925 - 1928


    Raffin Construction did masonry work on the interior of the structure.

  • 1930's

    St. Percopious in Nile, Illinois


    Raffin workers taking a break during construction.

  • 1940's

    Raffin  company truck - 1949

  • 1950's

    Ingersoll Building - 1951

  • 1960's

    Matteson Plant - 1969


    Raffin Construction worked as the General Contractor for the project.

  • 1970's

    Shellbourne Conference Center


    Shellbourne's relationship with Raffin Construction began with the first expansion to the center in the early 1970's. Over the past 40 years, Raffin Construction has worked on various expansions designed to enhance the center's services.

  • 1980's

    Copperweld Industries


    Raffin has worked with Copperweld Industries, a producer of steel tube products, on a number of concrete and general contracting projects.

  • 1990's

    Bridgeford Foods


    Bridgeford worked with Raffin to construct a 20,600 square foot, three story addition to their meat processing facility. The construction too place adjacent to and over an area of the facility used for processing food without interruption to operations.

  • 2000's

    Haggerty Volkswagen


    This 26,000 square foot stand alone dealership located in Oak Lawn, Illinois includes a two story show room with offices and a service area. The Design/Build project was completed on a fast track schedule, cutting two months off the typical project schedule while incorporating Volkswagen's strict design standards.

744 E 113th Street, Chicago, IL 60628

phone: (773) 785-3055

fax: (773) 785-9034